FLO Blended Learning In-Person
Length: 3 weeks
Mode: Online (including asynchronous and scheduled synchronous sessions) & Face-to-Face (in-person).
This course includes one synchronous online session and three face-to-face sessions on campus. In addition to the planned synchronous sessions, participants should expect to spend 8-12 hours during each of the three weeks reviewing course content, preparing activities, facilitating, and engaging in course activities. Those with no prior online teaching and learning experience can expect to invest more time. Continuous, active participation is necessary to make this course successful for everyone.
Course Description & Learning Goals:
The Facilitating Learning Online (FLO) Blended Learning introduces participants to research-based concepts, principles, and strategies that will make facilitating a course with both online and face-to-face components effective and engaging. This course will help you create seamless lesson plans that utilize the most applicable elements of both the online and face-to-face learning environments.
The course is designed to provide you with:
- the experience of being a learner in a blended learning course
- the opportunity to think about, practice, and develop lessons that include both online and face-to-face components
- educational tools and technologies that can enhance blended-course delivery
- practice designing and delivering student-centred authentic and flexible learning experiences.
In this course, you will:
- facilitate learning activities on topics of your choosing
- integrate blended-learning theories and principles into activities you facilitate
- experiment with a variety of facilitation techniques and strategies
- give and receive constructive feedback;
Spring 2022 session | May 16-June 2
Online and face-to-face scheduled sessions as follows:
- Monday, May 16, 9:00am-10:30am - online synchronous
- Friday, May 20, 9:00am-11:00am - on campus
- Friday, May 27, 9:00am-3:00pm - on campus
- Friday, June 3, 9:00am-3:00pm - on campus
You will be given access to the course a few days prior to the start.
- Monday, May 16, 2022
- All Day Event
- Time Zone:
- Pacific Time - US & Canada (change)
- To Be Determined